~

John Green best Quotes

The Fault in our Stars:


1. “You don’t get to choose if you get hurt in this world… but you do have some say in who hurts you. I like my choices.”


2. “You realize that trying to keep your distance from me will not lessen my affection for you.”


3. “Some infinities are bigger than other infinities.”


4. “I’m in love with you, and I’m not in the business of denying myself the simple pleasure of saying true things.”


5. “I fell in love the way you fall asleep. Slowly, and then all at once.”


6. “You can love someone so much… but you can never love people as much as you can miss them.”


7. “Maybe okay will be our always.”


8. “I’m a grenade and at some point I’m going to blow up and I would like to minimize the casualties, okay?”


9. “The world is not a wish granting factory.”


10. “You say you’re not special because the world doesn’t know about you, but that’s an insult to me. I know about you.”




Looking for Alaska:


1. “When I look at my room, I see a girl who loves books.”


2. “If people were rain, I was drizzle and she was a hurricane.”


3. “Imagining the future is a kind of nostalgia.”


4. “I’d rather wonder than get the answers I couldn’t live with.”


5. “It always shocked me when I realized that I wasn’t the only person in the world who thought and felt such strange and awful things.”


6. “We need never be hopeless because we can never be irreparably broken.”


7. “Thomas Edison’s last words were “It’s very beautiful over there”. I don’t know where there is, but I believe it’s somewhere, and I hope it’s beautiful.”


8. “Things never happened like I imagined them.”


9. “You never get me. That’s the whole point.”


10. “At some point we all look up and realize we are lost in a maze.”





Paper Town:


1. “The way I figure it, everyone gets a miracle ... I ended up living next door to Margo Roth Spiegelman”


2. “That’s always seemed so ridiculous to me, that people want to be around someone because they’re pretty. It’s like picking your breakfast cereals based on color instead of taste.”


3. “Nothing ever happens like you imagine it will ... but if you don’t imagine, nothing ever happens at all.”


4. “Tonight, darling, we are going to right a lot of wrongs. And we are going to wrong some rights. The first shall be last; the last shall be first; the meek shall do some earth-inheriting. But before we can radically reshape the world, we need to shop.”


5. “All those paper people living in their paper houses, burning the future to stay warm”


6. “Peeing is like a good book in that it is very, very hard to stop once you start”


7. “Margo always loved mysteries. And in everything that came afterward, I could never stop thinking that maybe she loved mysteries so much that she became one.”


8. “The rules of capitalization are so unfair to words in the middle of a sentence.”


9. “I leave, and the leaving is so exhilarating I know I can never go back. But then what? Do I just keep leaving places, and leaving them, and leaving them, tramping a perpetual journey?”


10. “As long as we don’t die, this is gonna be one hell of a story.



Turtles All the Way Down:


1. "And the thing is, when you lose someone, you realize you'll eventually lose everyone."


2. "....even though I laughed with them, it felt like I was watching the whole thing from somewhere else, like I was watching a movie about my life instead of living it."


3. "Most adults are just hollowed out. You watch them try to fill themselves up with booze or money or God or fame or whatever they worship, and it all rots them from the inside until nothing is left but the money or booze or God they thought would save them."


4. "You don't get to be *in* anything else — in friendship or in anger or in hope. All you can be is in love. And I wanted to tell him that even though I'd never been in love, I knew what it was like to be *in* a feeling, to be not just surrounded by it but also permeated by it..."


5. "Every loss is unprecedented. You can't ever know someone else's hurt, not really — just like touching someone else's body isn't the same as having someone else's body."


6. "I took his hand, and part of me wanted to tell him I loved him, but I wasn't sure if I really did. Our hearts were broken in the same places. That's something like love, but maybe not quite the thing itself."


7. "I missed everybody. To be alive is to be missing."


8. "...in writing it down, you realize, love is not a tragedy or a failure, but a gift."


9. “Spirals grow infinitely small the farther you follow them inward, but they also grow infinitely large the farther you follow them out."


10. “Worrying is the correct worldview. Life is worrisome.”


11. “Nobody gets anybody else, not really. We’re all stuck inside ourselves.”


12. “One of the challenges with pain – physical or psychic – is that we can really only approach it through metaphor.”


13. “The thing about a spiral is, if you follow it inward, it never actually ends. It just keeps tightening, infinitely.”


14. “You are as real as anyone, and your doubts make you more real, not less.”



15. “There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.”
 

16. "no one ever says goodbye unless they want to see you again."


17. "You think you're the painter, but you're the canvas"


18. “Welcome to the future. It's not about hacking computers anymore, it's about hacking human souls.”



Post a Comment

0 Comments